What Are Calories ?
A calorie is a unit of energy. The calorie is defined as the amount of heat necessary to raise the temperature of one gram of water by 1 degree Celsius, at a pressure of 1 atmosphere. The International System of Units (SI) unit for heat and for all other forms of energy is joule (J). The energy content of food is given in Calories.
1 Food Calorie = 1000 calories = 1 kcal = 4.186 J
1 g of Dietary Fat = 9 kcal = 9 Calories
1 g of Dietary Carbohydrate = 4 kcal = 4 Calories
1 g od Dietary Protein = 4 kcal = 4 Calories
If you eat junk foods that contain mostly fat, then you are adding calories to your body. A healthy diet plan should include vegetables, fruits, grains, lentils, and beans in your diet. These foods are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers necessary for keeping you fit.
Calories in Food
You should know the nutrition values (protein, calories, fats) of foods you eat. Some foods contain too much saturated fat than monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Saturated fats are not good for your health. Use the calorie counter for vegetables, fruits, dairy products, meats, fast foods, poultry and poultry products. You should eat a healthy diet daily.
The calories in various food items are given on following pages as food calorie charts:
- Calorie Counter For Vegetables Calories in Vegetables: Calories in beans, beets, broccoli, carrot, celery, cabbage, cucumber, eggplant,mushrooms, lettuce, peas, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, etc.
- Calorie Counter For Fruits Calories in Fruits: Calories in apples, appricote, avocado, banana, bluberries, cherries, cantaloupe,grapes, grapefruit, Kiwi fruit, orange, plums, watermelon, etc.
- Calorie Counter For Fast Foods Calories in Fast Foods: Calories in pancakes, cheeseburger, chicken pieces, hamburger, hot dog, taco, etc. are given as a chart.
- Calorie Counter For Poultry Calories in Poultry & Poultry Products: Calories in chicken, chicken breast, chicken thighs, drumsticks, turkey, etc. are given as a food chart.
- Calorie Counter For dairy products Calories in Dairy Products
- Calorie Counter For Meat Calories in Meat: Calories in beef, Sausages , etc. afre given as a chart.
A healthy weight loss program should include vegetables, fruits, beans, and whole-grains. if you eat these foods, then you need not count calories.